Wellness Starts Within

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eggless (Vegan) Mango Cake

I finally made something this week!!! Part of my curiosity and diversity is to try new things... Initially, I bought some mangoes in a can last week thinking that I am going to make Mango Mousse Cake... After browsing for some added extras, I came across a vegan type and slowly my focus shifted into checking it out...It did not turn out bad but you can guess from the first bite.... It is vegan!!! :-)

Here's the recipe with my own versions.....and as adapted from one of my favorite blog... The Chef In You...

Eggless (vegan) Mango Cake

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder ( instead of cardamom, since I don't have any )
1 1/2 cups mango puree ( I used canned mangoes and pureed it in the food processor)
1/3 cup canola oil ( you can reduced 1-2 tbsp if you want to add mango puree instead )
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Sift and mix flour,baking powder and salt. Add cinnamon powder and give a quick mix till blended.

In another bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well until smooth. (make sure your pureed mangoes are into a smooth consistency.) Slowly add flour a little at a time while giving it a gentle mix. Make sure you don't over beat the batter.

Pour into a well grease baking pan and smooth the top. (  I used a round cake pan )

Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 30-40 mintues or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Some oven gets hot fast so make your own judgement..

Let it cool before serving. ( you will noticed the cake leaving the sides of the pan once its cool.)






Try it with an afternoon tea...:-)

2 comments:

  1. I've never baked a cake without eggs! I definitely should try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by :-)... Im so glad to see some comment since I'm still finding my way around blogging. It was my first try and it definitely tasted "healthy'...Looking forward to see your own version soon......;-)

    ReplyDelete